Goody White’s Book of Folk Magic is a Pathfinder-compatible sourcebook written in-character by a knowledgeable witch named Goody White, explaining ways to cure illness, ward off undead, brew a love potion, or afflict your enemies. Translated to Pathfinder RPG game terms by Sean K Reynolds, it presents each of these 29 “folk remedies” as a spell, witch hex, and ritual. Much like actual folk magic, these rituals can be learned by anyone who bothers to study them–even characters who have no spellcasting ability.
The kickstarter for this book begins July 16th, 2014 and ends 5 pm ET August 13th, 2014. Backer rewards include
- PDF of the book
- print copy of the book
- autographed print copy of the book
- Goody White name-dropping you or your favorite character as the one who taught her a particular folk remedy
- Goody White name-drops you and creates a black and white portrait of you or your favorite character in the book
Stretch goals include
- upgrading the interior art to full color
- a pewter miniature of Goody White
- an additional 16 pages of folk remedies
- an additional 16 pages providing Cypher System rules (Numenera, The Strange) for these folk remedies
- mythic updates for all folk remedies in the book.
32-page PDF, product number SKR015
Release date: October 2014 (PDF), December 2014 (print)
Price: $7 PDF, $15 print