As my contract at Wizards of the Coast draws to a close, I’m looking at other options to take care of the bills, and one of the things I’m considering is having a Patreon. I’ve been wanting to push my creativity in different ways, and having a Patreon-style setup would definitely motivate me to create new things on a regular basis.
I’m thinking I’d set it up for monthly content (although ideally I’d want to post something new every two weeks, even if it’s just a small update). Here are a bunch of ideas on the agenda.
- New game content, whether PF, 5E, or Five Moons (often all of the above); if I plan to release this content outside the patreon, patrons would have early access to it.
- Art (by me or someone else), including new takes on classic monsters, and stat blocks for them
- A painted mini or terrain piece (like something from Dwarven Forge), which I’d give away to someone at a specific patronage level.
- A page from a graphic novel I’m working on (which might be text-only fiction for some parts, based on artist availability)
- A blog or vlog with stories about TSR or Wizards, or behind-the-scenes info about various projects I’ve worked on
- Interviews with other people in the game industry
- Terrain-making tutorials
- Miniatures-painting tutorials
- Easy cooking videos for game night dinners and snacks
- Recipes and tutorials for fun gaming-themed snacks and treats
- Parody songs about gaming
- Previews of upcoming one-shot projects I’m tinkering with like a card game, a board game, or self-contained adventure
- Movie reviews and how to use the movie’s concepts to inspire a game plot
- Answering rules questions, just based on my own experience and a certain amount of snark
- Convention reviews
Are there any other kinds of things that you’d like to see from me in a Patreon project? Let me know in the comments.